DC Eleven Weather Policy
At DC Eleven, the safety and well-being of our players are of the utmost importance to us. We want to ensure that our activities are conducted in a safe and comfortable environment. To this end, we have established the following weather policy:
1. Parks and Recreation Guidelines and Closures: We will closely monitor and adhere to the guidelines and closures set by the local Parks and Recreation Department. If the authorities close the Recreation Center or the grounds due to severe weather conditions, we will follow their instructions accordingly.
2. Severity of Weather: Our decision to cancel or proceed with activities will be based on the severity of the weather conditions. While we strive to provide an enjoyable experience for our players, safety will always be our top priority.
3. Lightning: In the event of lightning, we will immediately cancel all outdoor activities. We will ensure that players and staff seek shelter in designated safe areas until the threat has passed.
4. Heavy Rain and Unplayable Field: If heavy rain renders the playing field or outdoor areas unplayable, we may cancel or modify certain activities. This decision will be made to prevent accidents and maintain the safety of our players.
5. Normal Rain and Drizzles: For regular rain showers and drizzles, we will generally continue with our planned activities. We believe that some rain should not deter players from engaging in training and development. However, we will always prioritize the safety and comfort of our players, and if the rain becomes too heavy to ensure their well-being, we may modify or cancel activities accordingly.
- In the event of a weather-related cancellation or modification, we will promptly notify parents and guardians via email and event communication portal using the contact information provided during registration.
Please ensure that your contact information is up to date to receive timely notifications regarding any weather-related changes.
We appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding our weather policy. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. Our primary goal is to provide a safe, enjoyable, and productive experience for all our players.
1. Follow Local Guidelines: Players, coaches, staff, and spectators must comply with local health regulations and laws related to COVID-19.
2. Vaccination and Testing: Vaccination is strongly encouraged for eligible individuals. Testing may be required as advised by health authorities.
3. Health Screening: Everyone should self-monitor for symptoms and stay home if feeling unwell.
4. Hygiene Practices: Maintain good hygiene by washing hands frequently and practicing respiratory etiquette.
5. Face Coverings: Follow local guidelines regarding mask usage during club activities.
6. Physical Distancing: Maintain appropriate physical distance whenever possible.
7. Facility Sanitization: Enhance cleaning and sanitization protocols for club facilities.
8. Communication and Compliance: Stay informed about updates and comply with the club's COVID-19 policies.
Air Quality Policy
With Canadian wildfire smoke threatening to impact our summer, DC XI has updated its policies to include guidelines for conducting outdoor activities moving forward. These updates are intended to provide clarity and transparency for families when the air quality index is elevated.
On green and yellow air quality days, programs will proceed as usual.
On orange air quality days, programs will proceed with reduced cardiovascular activity and frequent breaks. Children are encouraged to wear protective masks.
On red and purple air quality days, all outdoor programming will be canceled.
Learn more about the air quality index here: https://www.airnow.gov/aqi/aqi-basics/
The safety of our players and coaches is our top concern. If your child has asthma or other conditions that could threaten their health on elevated air quality days, please use your discretion when deciding whether to send them to our program.
Please reach out with any questions.